Welcome to the blog for Colgate University's interdisciplinary course on food. This is the place to keep up with what students in the course are experiencing in their work at Common Thread Community Farm and through their everyday encounters with food.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Obama Foodorama

I stumbled across the blog "Obama Foodorama." This is a blog about White House Food Initiatives. There are pictures of the incredible White House Gingerbread House, which will definitely inspire a post-finals creation. Then I found a video about beer brewing in the White House. I'm not sure what could show a better intersection between the rise of craft brewing and politics. Too bad I didn't talk about this in my paper. Maybe I should try some home brewing over winter break too. There is also a cool video of Obama helping to launch a marshmallow through the air with an 8th grader at a science fair. Too fun. I bookmarked this blog immediately after the marshmallow launch video.

Gingerbread House link:
http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-2012-white-house-gingerbread-house.html#more

Videos (Brewing video and Marshmallow video on the same page!):
http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2012/12/white-house-homebrewed-beer-video-makes.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment