Welcome to the blog for Colgate University's interdisciplinary course on food. This is the place to keep up with what students in the course are experiencing in their work at Common Thread Community Farm and through their everyday encounters with food.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Peanut Butter and Pickles?

Following the tradition of Steingarten, I continue to try the PB&J over and over again. Considering that everyone is obsessed with this tiny little sandwich, I am almost desperate to like it. However, each time I eat one, regardless of the type of bread, jelly/jam, and peanut butter, I just feel confused. Someone who works in Career Services pretty much forced me to try a "Fluffernutter" sandwich, which is Marshmallow Fluff and Peanut Butter. Not a fan. Everyone blamed this on the odd pairing of bread that I used: some random bagel laying around. But this morning, I stumbled across this NY Times article about a Peanut Butter and Pickles sandwich. My first reaction was this must be a joke. Peanut butter and pickles?? Seriously? I guess everyone has their own odd food pairings that they love, but this seems too far. This author only found one other human that had tried and loves this food combination. It is safe to say that I will not be trying this out as I assume my reaction would be similar to that of his daughter's "Eew." I'll stick with trying to like the PB&J before I even consider a taste of the PB&P.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/dining/making-a-meal-out-of-peanut-butter-and-pickles.html?pagewanted=1&hpw

No comments:

Post a Comment