Welcome to the blog for Colgate University's interdisciplinary course on food. This is the place to keep up with what students in the course are experiencing in their work at Common Thread Community Farm and through their everyday encounters with food.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Vegan Butternut Squash Soup

Happy black Friday everyone!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving that was full of delicious food and merriment. So since I am recently vegetarian, I decided that I needed to make something for Thanksgiving myself that I could be sure had no traces of meat in it, so I decided to make butternut squash soup! This is one of my favorite soups if done right, and I really like the version Panera Bread has, only it's a bit too sweet for me. So I found this copycat vegan recipe online (link at the bottom) and I decided to try it out. I was skeptical at first, but it ended up being AMAZING and my entire family loved it (and they all are basically afraid to eat vegan things because they fear the taste so that says a lot). They loved it so much, that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product and went to do so later on, but it was all gone :( I can assure it looked great though.

http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/2013/10/10/copycat-panera-breads-autumn-squash-soup-vegan-paleo-and-gluten-free/

The only changes I made to the recipe were that I added ~2 tbsp of honey to sweeten it a bit more, and I also used red curry powder specifically. So I encourage you all to try it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment