Welcome to the blog for Colgate University's interdisciplinary course on food. This is the place to keep up with what students in the course are experiencing in their work at Common Thread Community Farm and through their everyday encounters with food.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Grandma's Famous Sweet Potato Pie…well sort of

Earlier this semester I posted about how the only type of potato I eat are sweet potatoes. While I will not bore you again with the story as to how this happened, I will share with you my favorite holiday dish starring this vegetable: Sweet Potato Pie!

The photos below depict the Sweet Potato Pie recipe from a cookbook that was passed down from my grandmother. To be truthful my family does not strictly follow this recipe. There are some key secret ingredients that I cannot share with you for obvious reasons. However, if you choose to use this recipe your pie would come out a close second to this Smith family holiday staple.

Grandma's Famous Sweet Potato Pie…well sort of:









No comments:

Post a Comment